This morning I am feeling particularly angst-ridden after listening to some really shitty (and actually some really awesome) music that bands sent me this week. I can’t post this to Facebook because 3/4 of my friends would likely be offended. I can’t post it to Twitter because that’s like 99.8% of everyone I know there. But, sometimes these things need to be said.
- REM is not post punk and neither is your crappy jangle rock band.
- Why your soaring guitar leads calls you out as the Poison fan you really are.
- I know you listened to hair metal in high school. Now you are in a new wave band. What?
- Why daddy hip-hop makes me want to wretch.
- Your ironic 70’s cover band is boring and so are you. Hipster dufas.
- Sorry if my eyes are rolling in the back of my head as you bitch about new bands not being as good as ones from 30 years ago.
- No Minneapolis, it’s time to get new music heroes.
These apply to a number of bands and people that I hold with high esteem. But, damn, it felt good to get that out. Catharsis is a beautiful thing.